I am getting an ORCAP 1746 error when I try to paste a schematic parts from one design to another. Have you seen this before? How can I resolve this issue?
The ORCAP 1746 error occurs when source schematic parts are copied from one OrCAD version and pasted into a different OrCAD version. The steps that follow describe how you can resolve this error.
- Open the <source>.dsn.
- Select all parts in the Project Manager Design Cache folder. The image presented above, for example, provides an example of selected parts in a sample design.
- With the parts selected, select Update Cache from your right mouse pop-up menu.
- Open the <target>.dsn. Copy and paste parts from the source design to the target design.
If the above steps fail to resolve the issue, force the cache update as follows.
- Launch Capture. Without opening a project, select the menu items: Options > Extended Preferences. Your selection opens the Extended Preferences Setup dialog.
- Click the Design Cache listed in the far left column. Then Click the Update Cache selection arrow to display the drop list options. Select Forced.
- Click the Apply and OK buttons.
- Open the source and target designs and try to copy and paste parts as described above.