Although I successfully downloaded and installed my OrCAD products, when I try to launch an application I get an error message that says, "No server detected" and I am unable to successfully complete the launch of the application.
This type of error sometimes occurs because your license file is incorrectly configured. This may be due to the entry of an incorrect hostname or license path.
To verify the host name of your local computer complete the following steps:
- While pressing your keyboard Windows key also press the R key, (Windows key + R). This opens the Run dialog.
- Enter cmd into the Open input field.
- Type hostname into the command line and press your keyboard Enter key.
- Note your hostname that is returned. You need to reference this hostname when you launch the License Server Utility as described in the next set of instructions.
To configure your license file using the License Server Utility:
- Open File Explorer on the Cadence License Server host computer and enter the following path into the address bar: C:\Cadence\LicenseManager\
- Double-click LicenseServerConfiguration.exe.
- Click the Browse button and navigate to the absolute path of your license file. Click Next.
- Set the “Host Name” field to the hostname identified above. Do not change anything else. Click Next.
- Click the Finish button.
After you restart your computer, your license file should now be detectable and your OrCAD application will successfully open.