If you are issued a new OrCAD license file, you need to reconfigure your licensing using the License Server Configuration Utility as described below.
- Press your keyboard Windows key.
- Type License Server Configuration Utility into the search field and then press your keyboard Enter key. This opens the Cadence License Server Utility wizard.
- Click the Browse button and navigate to the directory where you saved your license files.
- Select the License file (.txt file) and click the Open button.
- Click the Next button.
- Verify the Host Name recorded in the dialog matches the Host Name of the PC where the license server application is installed.
Note: The Host Name is the only value you need to enter into the License Server Data dialog. Leave the default values in the remaining dialog fields as automatically populated.
You can verify your host name by entering hostname into your command line.
- Click Next to continue.
- Click Next to restart the license server application.