I need to setup my users to log into CIP using Windows Authentication. How is that setup?
To add Windows Authentication to CIP the network administrator or IT first needs to setup an active directory.
- Once the infrastructure is in place or if it is already in place login to CIP with a Admin account.
- Navigate to the CIP > Admin that is located in the upper left part of the main CIP window.
- Select Users, Roles and Permissions.
- Once in this section, add a new user and check the box for Windows Authentication.
- Enter the user's active directory Windows username.
- Under the remaining fields add in the rest of the user information such as the First, Last name as well as email and roles.