After installing my OrCAD products and License Manager, I receive an error message when I try to launch my application. The License Manager debug.log file indicates this is Error -97.
Stopping and restarting the License Manager server is one of the most frequently applied solutions for resolving licensing issues. If the license manager is reporting a -97 error at the bottom of the debug.log and license errors are being reported from the Client, then complete the steps below.
- Go to C:\Cadence\LicenseManager.
- Launch lmtools.exe.
- Click to open the Start/Stop/Reread tab.
- Click the Stop Server button. (Do not check “force shutdown”)
- Wait at least five seconds. This is very important!
- Click the Start Server button.
- Open OrCAD.