I am attempting to uninstall my OrCAD product. However, the uninstall process is not working.
Whenever OrCAD is unable to uninstall from the main Windows Control Panel > Programs and Features section, you can remove your OrCAD product from your registry and then delete the product folder by completing the steps that follow.
- Navigate to the path: C:\Cadence\SPB_17.x\tools\InstallUtils\InstallConfig.exe (Default Path)
- Run InstallConfig.exe as administrator.
This opens the Cadence OrCAD and Allegro 17.x Config Utility = InstallShield Wizard.
- Click Next to continue.
- Select the option Remove Programs and Features Entry that is listed at the bottom of the dialog. Click Next to continue.
- Select the release you want to remove from the Cleanup Release drop list menu and click Next.
- If you’re reinstalling the product you can choose to either leave the SPB_17.x folder and reinstall over the the folder. Or you can rename the folder and create a new one. If you’re not reinstalling the product, verify none of your data was stored in the folder before manually removing it.
You are now ready to begin a reinstall.