I am attempting to setup my OrCAD licensing for multiple software products. I need assistant, however, manually setting up our licensing.
The steps that follow explain how to manually setup OrCAD licensing. This procedure is appropriate if automatic licensing fails or if you simply prefer to setup licensing for multiple OrCAD software products manually. This procedure manually creates and sets up LMTools Services.
Before you begin to follow the steps that follow, be sure OrCAD License Manager software is downloaded from Cadence Support (Download Manager) and successfully installed.
Also verify the user has received their license file (license.dat) or has received a fresh file from EMA that specifies the hostname of the server in the file. The lines that follow provide an example.
SERVER HOSTNAME HOSTID 5280
DAEMON cdslmd "C:\Cadence\LicenseManager\cdslmd.exe" PORT=3000
# DO NOT REMOVE THE USE_SERVER LINE
Once done or if the license.dat is present already and updated with the correct hostname, perform the steps that follow.
- Run LMTools from your Windows Start menu.
- Open the Config Services tab.
- Select the Cadence License Manager in the Service Name field.
- Click the Remove Service button. Note: Only complete this step if there is already a failed OrCAD LM service. If not, ignore this step.
- Click the first browse button for Path to lmgrd.exe file and navigate to your C:\Cadence\LicenseManager\lmgrd.exe file.
- Click the next browse button for Path to license file and navigate to your C:\Cadence\LicenseManager\license.dat file.
- Click the last browse button for Path to the debug log file and navigate to your C:\Cadence\LicenseManager\debug.log file
Note: If the Debug.log is not present simply create a text file with that name and the .log extension.
- Verify both the Use Services and Start Server at Power Up check boxes are selected.
- Click the Save Service button.
- Open Windows Services and find the Cadence License Server. Select Properties from your right mouse popup menu. Navigate to the Log On tab and ensure it is set to Local System Account.
- Open the Start/Stop/Reread tab and stop the server.
- Wait a few seconds and then start the server.