I have started to install the CIP database and server. The installation process, however, terminates when the system attempts to create the CIP_E_CIS_User. I am unable to continue with the installation.
This type of installation failure typically occurs when the default password for CIP_E_CIS_User is inconsistent with your company's password creation policy. The inconsistency is the most likely reason the installation is unable to create the CIP_E_CIS_User account.
To resolve this issue verify SQL Management Studio is installed before you begin to complete the steps that follow.
- Open the SQL Management Studio and login using an account that has SA access either by Windows or a SQL account.
- Once logged in expand the Security tab on the left side and expand Logins.
- Create a new user called CIP_E_CIS_User and enter a password that is in compliance with your company’s password policy.
- Deselect Enforce password expiration.
- Continue to install the database.
- Modify the properties for the CIP_E_CIS_User and change the default database to CIP_E.
The installation process should now continue successfully as expected. If issues continue to persist, please contact EMA Tech Support at Techsupport@ema-eda.com.