I am working in a new .dra file in the Symbol Editor and when I want to save the symbol I receive the error: "ERROR(SPMHCS-1): Symbol is missing a refdes"
How do I add the RefDes?
- Select the Add > Text menu.
- Set the Class and Subclass to “Ref Des” and “Silkscreen Top” in the Options form located on the right of the screen.
- Select a starting point and type a Ref Des “placeholder” such as J*.
- When you later run Import Netlist, the placeholder is substituted with J1 or J2, etc.
- When you save the symbol the error will be resolved.