If OrCAD 17.2 launches properly and you receive an error when you attempt to launch 17.4, you need to contact EMA Design Automation at email@example.com and request a new OrCAD 17.4 license file. Please be sure to provide your company name and Host ID with your request.
If you are still receiving one of the licensing error messages above after receiving and installing your new 17.4 license file, you may need to:
- Uninstall Cadence License Manager
- Download the updated version of Cadence License Manager from Download Manager
- Re-install the updated version of License Manager.
After you receive and save your updated 17.4 license file on your computer, complete the steps that follow to resolve this licensing issue.
Uninstall Cadence License Manager
- Click the Windows icon to open your Windows selection menu. Select the Settings (Gear icon).
- Click Apps from the Windows Settings window.
- Scroll down until you find Cadence License Manager. Select it and then click Uninstall.
Follow the screen prompts to complete the uninstall process.
Download & Re-install the Updated Version of Cadence Download Manager
The instructions that follow assume you have already downloaded and installed Cadence Download Manager.
- Open Download Manager.
You can open Download Manager by entering Download Manager into your Windows search field.
- Use the vertical scroll bar to navigate to License Manager. Then click the product version drop-down arrow and select the most recent version of License Manager, as of July 2021 this is version 12.08.0005.
- Click the License Manager INSTALL link to initiate the download process.
- Follow the online screen instructions presented.
a) During installation you will be prompted to enter the path of your new license file.
b) You will also be prompted to enter your hostname. If you don't know the hostname of your computer, you can try to enter localhost as the hostname.