The pspice.ini and capture.ini files contain the startup settings for PSpice and Capture. You can restore the default settings of these tools by deleting the pspice.ini file and/or capture.ini file as explained in the steps that follow.
- Close PSpice if open.
- Type %home% into the Windows Search field and press the Enter key on your keyboard.
Or, enter %home% into the File Explorer search bar.
This opens the folder where your OrCAD project and design files are saved.
- Go to cdssetup > OrCAD PSpice > 17.2.
- Rename the pspice.ini file to pspice_backup.
- Repeat these steps for the capture.ini file.
- Open PSpice to verify the default settings are restored.