The pspice.ini and capture.ini files contain the startup settings for PSpice and Capture. You can restore the default settings of these tools by deleting the files as explained in the steps that follow.
- Close PSpice if open.
- Type %home% into the Windows Search field and press the Enter key on your keyboard. Or, enter %home% into the File Explorer search bar.
This opens the folder where your OrCAD project and design files are saved.
- Go to cdssetup > OrCAD PSpice > 17.2.
- Rename the pspice.ini file to pspice_backup.
- Repeat these steps for the capture.ini file.
- Open PSpice and/or Capture to verify the application default settings are restored.